Motherhood and Identity — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motherhood and Identity

Options
Jo2212
Jo2212 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2016 in Research and opportunities
Hi!

I am currently undertaking my MSc in psychology and I'm doing a project around the identity of mothers who have a child with a learning disability. 

I just wanted to know if this was a topic that mothers would be interested it? If it seemed relevant or important?

If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions or ideas just let me know! Ill be looking for things like, Who you are? Whats important to you? Did the birth of your child change you in anyway? Hopes and dreams for the future? Any positive or negative experiences that shaped you, before and after the birth of your child?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Wishes,
Jo

Comments

• kelly2016
    kelly2016 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Options
    Yes I found I became very strong and a fighter for my child's needs.  Having a disabled child gives me strength and it's educated me into invisible disabilities and how naive I use to be and how arrogant people still are regarding invisible disability.    My child is the best thing that has happened to me and made me aware of the struggles that disabled people go threw and how much carer's have to fight to get basic help for our children that they are entitled to.  It's left me feeling let down by the system who should be helping and making life easier for disabled children/adults and there carers as they didn't ask to be disabled but are and are special inspiring people and deserve the help to have success in life.    it's made my life change as in my values. My education even my job working with special needs/disability
    My child has changed my whole life for the better :)  

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.