private assessment recommendation please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

private assessment recommendation please help

kelly2016
kelly2016 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
edited April 2016 in Research and opportunities
Hi I am looking for a professionals who do either autism. dyspraxia and intellectual functioning assessment in Islington London.  
For assessment and also if a professional is available to look over reports from assessments already done and help me make sense of them 
Thank you 

Comments

• LondonSpeechTherapy
    LondonSpeechTherapy Community member Posts: 60 Connected
    kelly2016 said:
    Hi I am looking for a professionals who do either autism. dyspraxia and intellectual functioning assessment in Islington London.  
    For assessment and also if a professional is available to look over reports from assessments already done and help me make sense of them 
    Thank you 
    Hi Kelly, 

I run a company called London Speech Therapy however you can also try www.helpwithtalking.com for a searchable list of SLTs who work in your area. From your post it is likely that a multidisciplinary team including a Paediatrician; Speech & Language Therapist; Clinical / Educational Psychologist and a Occupational Therapist would be appropriate. Have you been through the NHS service? 

Very best wishes

Chris
  • kelly2016
    kelly2016 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Yes my child has been seen by NHS for years but waiting lists this year are very long for the areas of assessment she needs now.  
    I will check out your website thank you :)

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.