Are you aware of the benefits you're entitled to? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are you aware of the benefits you're entitled to?

2»

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Debbie.  No No he's not moving in. Iv just finished monivg into a one bedroom bungalow. I have been thinking of trying to get top rate for care component as still on middle but don't want to draw attention to maself and get put on pip. I appealed about ESA but was deemed fit for work but it's abundantly clear I'm not
    Hi Graeme,

Do exercise caution with the DLA. If you report any changes in circumstances about your DLA you will be assessed under PIP. I would advise anyone who is going to make a new claim for PIP or who is currently on DLA to look very carefully at the information about PIP including the activity descriptors. Start researching now in preparation so that you are better informed of the whole process and the differences between DLA and PIP. There are lots of Facebook groups around and other different forums (including this one) to share stories and experiences. 

You say that you appealed your ESA decision, was that a Mandatory Reconsideration or did you go to tribunal?

Best wishes :)
  • celtic1888
    celtic1888 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I thought that might be the case about DLA. Yes I went to tribunal but was a total waste of time. Was just wondering if there was anything I wasn't claiming for. Many thanks for ure time and advice. Graeme
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    My pleasure! Sorry to hear that the tribunal wasn't successful. Have you tried the benefits calculator to see if that highlights any other entitlements? http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/check-benefits

Feel free to drop me a line if you want to talk through this some more.

Best wishes :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.