Dealing with chronic pain
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Chronic pain

beta341beta341 Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2016 in Dealing with chronic pain
hi kim
im a wounded ex servicemen and suffering in chronic pain now for years. The NHS have nothing else to offer so I need some help finding anyone who is doing research into chronic pain and needs test subjects.
many thanks
Graeme

Replies

• CommunityTeamCommunityTeam Scope community team Posts: 87 Scope community team
    Hi @beta341 - we've just moved this query to the 'disabled people' category, as it's not about assistive tech so unfortunately Kim won't be able to help. Hopefully you'll get a reply soon! 
  • DorritDorrit Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Beta341
    I have a disease of the central nervous system which turns on the Pain receptors permanently. (CRPS). I have spent the last few years working with medics. Your GP will refer you to a local nhs pain management dept. This is a multi disciplined team. At home Try mindfulness by Marked Williams (try for min20 days). Try free audiobook distraction I'm pluggin most of time!www.librivox.org. I hope this helps, more tips on reply.
Sign in or join us to comment.