This sort of inhuman behaviour I have never encountered before. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

This sort of inhuman behaviour I have never encountered before.

celtic
celtic Community member Posts: 2 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: government cuts.

Comments

• celtic
    celtic Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I wrote to scope last night and have had no reply as yet.
    I have had on going conditions my whole life but managed to work for most part. Then when I tried to get a job a long time ago after weeks of trying I was eventually refused because I was deemed as a liability in any work place due to scans and ct scan investigations.. A few of my conditions are scoliosis, spondylitis and severe panic attacks. I was told at the hospital I can not have any operations and have to take care with my neck because I could break and become totally paralysed or brain dead or even both. I only feel safe in the safety of my home. But for the past few years even my home became unsafe, as ex prisoners with mental problems and some sexual deviants were place in the above flat and caused me many disturbances, there were 4 in all. The last would bang and scream on my ceilings in which ever room I went I could not get any peace, then the police would arrive sometimes at all hours,even when it was requested they did not come to my home at one time at 3.30 am, one policeman came saying he did not approach the problem tenant upstairs because his llights were out at that time and "he did not want to wake him up." So I moved into a privately let bungalow and could not believe my luck as I could finally sleep in between my pain. Since being in this area each time I leave my home I am followed by numerous cars and people. My dog walkers are approached on sunday one lady spoke to the person walking my dog saying she had a rescue dog with her. I have been so stressed I felt I would have to re home him, he is my only companion and brings me much solace in this lonely world which I feel I am being deliberately cut off. They even deny you a pet! I almost had another carer but after setting a start date, she declined. The same thing happened with several dog walkers in this area and the one lady friend I made here who let my dog play with hers has not come near. My emails have been opened and my telephone calls have echoed and have made screeching sounds. This sort of inhuman behaviour I have never encountered before. Foolish me thinking I had moved into a caring descent community. The last lady here was placed in sheltered accommodation so I will be the third person in this area that has happened to, from what I have been told.
  • ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous

Hello Celtic

We received your email at the helpline and responded to you yesterday. If you would like further advice please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us either by calling 0808 800 3333 or emailing helpline@scope.org.uk.

Best  Wishes

Scope helpline

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.