Any wheelchair athletes around here ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any wheelchair athletes around here ?

Aileen
Aileen Community member Posts: 7 Listener
What motivates you as an athlete to keep going and being active? Do you think there are things that could make your training better ?

https://wheelchairactitvity.typeform.com/to/hFCjzW

Comments

• htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hi there Aileen, thanks for posting! I'm not, but I'd love to hear more about what you do. Thanks for starting this discussion and I hope to speak soon!

Heather :smile:
  • Aileen
    Aileen Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hey Heather, 
    I'm interested in what kind of interactive contextual feedback could athletes help training more effectively. What is important contextual information a normal sensor can't track? 
    Let me know what you think and share the questionnaire with as many people as possible. Means better prototypes to test at the end :smiley:
  • catherinerose1
    catherinerose1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    it would be interesting generally to see what feedback anyone gets from training or playing sport in a wheelchair. My son plays powerchair football and he loves the speed the excitement from scoring a goal and his physio says it helps him with his core muscles as the changing direction at speed, moving about all help keep his muscles active (he has spastic diplegia with right hemiplegia and a full time powerchair user)

Brightness