Can you walk us through the best practises that could assist her with our daughter's progression? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you walk us through the best practises that could assist her with our daughter's progression?

Options
viveksunita
viveksunita Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2016 in Education
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hello my name is Hannah and I'm an educational psychologist.

Comments

• viveksunita
    viveksunita Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    We have been recently advised that our daughter 15 years & 8 months has memory and auditory disorder. As you would appreciate, we are relatively new to this and I ( especially the father )and in getting to terms with this feedback from the school. We have asked to book an appointment with an private educational psychologist recommended by the school.
    We live in Birmingham. Bearing in mind that our daughter is in the critical GCSE year, can you please walk us through the best practises that could assist her with her progression?

Regards

• EducationalPsychologist
    EducationalPsychologist Community member Posts: 118 Courageous
    Options
    Hello Viveksunita,
    Without assessing your daughter directly, it is difficult for me to give specific advice. However, meta learning (learning how to learn) can be very useful for revision. The key to developing memory skills is multi-sensory learning. If you are employing an independent psychologist you should contact them and ask their advice.

Brightness