Deaf/ vestibular issues and Tinnitus Job issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Deaf/ vestibular issues and Tinnitus Job issues

Options
Shortycymru9
Shortycymru9 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2016 in Sensory impairments
Hi My name is Vonnie, i'm 45 yrs old.

I'd like to know if anyone has issues with getting a job?
I'm hard of hearing i wear two hearing aids, I suffer from Tinnitus (ringing in both ears), also suffer from vertigo attacks/bad dizzy spells which is often also have imbalance issues (Not always).

I live in Pwllheli, North wales  u.k. And the  nearest  Scope is  Caernarfon which is  a fair  distance for someone who doesn't  travel as in any transport triggers my vertigo attacks.

I did work for 20 years in a warehouse the vertigo attacks only started 6 yrs ago and made things   hard at work due to health and safety. Sadly i no longer work at the moment.

Even tho i'm suffering from vertigo attacks i still want to work (paid work) I am on PIP and ESA.

I feel very alone being hard of hearing i don't know anyone else who is deaf to talk to. 
I'm looking to see if anyone has been in this situation-  doesn't have to be vertigo, can be tinnitus as well. Just want to chat and see  if i can  finally get somewhere to find work.

I've passed as a beginner on Makaton, Just awaiting for a follow up later this year. 

If you got this far, Thank you for  reading. Please  say hello   to me. Any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

Brightness