Disability in Films — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability in Films

Options
Geo08
Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
edited July 2016 in Cerebral palsy
Forget about Me Before You. Has anyone watched 'the fundamentals of caring' on Netflix. I think that's a far better representation of disability and has a really positive story. 

Has anyone watched this film? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Btaylor20
    Btaylor20 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    My partner, who has muscular dystrophy, and i watched it by chance last week. We both loved it. It really shows how people and their families and friends live with disability. 

The story line was solid and was so funny.  I just hope more people get to see it! 
  • Rosemary
    Rosemary Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I loved this film but then again anything with Paul Rudd is going to please me. I loved the sass and it reminded me very much of the type of banter within my own family. We were quite horrible when we detected disablist attitudes when we were out and about and did all we could to shock. What I liked about this was the 'disabled' character was clever and funny and I never saw him as in any way vulnerable.
  • AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Options
    My son really liked the film and urged us to watch it, too. Some really funny moments and strong central performances. I've added this to our Pinterest board of films and TV portraying disability

https://uk.pinterest.com/scopestories/disability-in-films-and-on-tv/

Brightness