Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

DLA to PIP - anything else I can do?

Ni74Ni74 Member Posts: 3
This discussion was created from comments split from: DLA to PIP.


  • Ni74Ni74 Member Posts: 3
    My son is 16 changed from DLA to PIP. Filled out forms and the decision was that he wasnt entitled to it anymore. Sent an appeal letter that i felt was judged on a system without being properly read decision came back again that he wasnt entitled to it. I have subsuquently lost carers too.  Does anyone know if there's anything else we can do. 
  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi Ni74,

    Sorry to hear about your son's PIP. It sounds as though you've had the mandatory reconsideration and now you can proceed to a formal appeal to be heard at tribunal.

    See the information on our website about how to appeal a DWP decision, from there you can find the form you need to appeal. http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/dwp-1
    If you can get some local advice with your appeal this will be helpful.
    Check the Scope services directory to see if there is a local advice agency in your area.
    You can also get advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

    If you can't find local help there is a handy guide available from Advice Now which can help you prepare for the appeal. http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal.

    Feel free to get in touch anytime if you want to talk some more about this or if you need help finding some local advice.

    Good luck and best wishes
  • Ni74Ni74 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your help. 
Sign in or join us to comment.