Useless adaptation? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Useless adaptation?

Options
2»

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Options
    @WomanOnWheels I think I'm starting to get the hang of this now. The one store I go is extremely thoughtful. It has 2 electronic carts one on each side of the store. One side actually has chairs that you can sit and wait for one of the carts. I've seen other stores just have one cart and no chairs to sit and wait. What do they think you're going to do just stand there and wait and wait and wait. There was one time a few years back I was at that store I was talking about. I got into an argument with the manager and I said listen I'm sick, I have MS. She jumped back and said she didn't want to catch what I had. She thought MS was contagious. I called the corporate offices and I complain for an hour. She thought MS was contagious. I called their corporate offices and I complained for an hour. Never saw that manager again and that's when the store started becoming a little bit more thoughtful of people that had disabilities. How are you doing today WomanOnWheels?
  • WomanOnWheels
    WomanOnWheels Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    @bam It's shocking that someone thought MS was contagious but your complaint obviously worked. 

I've been busy this evening tweeting UK supermarkets asking them to consider investing in some different accessible trolleys. I've already had a fairly positive response from Tesco.
  • milo
    milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    Options
    @WomanOnWheels,  that sounds promising? 
  • bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Options
    @WomanOnWheels, you go girl! Tweet away

Brightness