New to group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to group

nickp
nickp Community member Posts: 18 Listener

Hi All

Just  to introduce myself my name is nickp and im new to the group.Had a brain tumour op three years ago and its left me brain damaged short term memory loss and personality change.So I survive on ESA PIP and a small pension I get from my old job

Comments

• Abi
    Abi Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Hi Nickp,

Welcome to the group! I have also recently joined. I have cystic fibrosis which makes breathing quite tricky. I hope you enjoy being part of the group.

Abi

• nickp

Hi Abi

Thank You for the welcome I don't envy you .I was in hospital 3 weeks ago due to a huge angina attack 6 hours before I got pain relief due to a big back log so I was quite out of breath quite scary I must admit and I was on my own from 999 call to next day nickp

• Abi
    Abi Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    That sounds dreadful - you poor thing. Why did you have to wait so long?
  • Dory
    Dory Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Group, My name is Dave ("Dory" because of my memory issues and brain damage) I fell over walking across a car park with my niece back to our car. I had 2 subdural haematoma, and now my body is wrecked. spine, joints and muscles. Hypothalmus damage being the cause. Well there's my rant and introduction, sorry. 
    I'm usually jovial and like funny things, i'm really looking forward to chatting with you all.
  • nickp

Hi Dory

Welcome to the site sorry to hear your problems its not nice when you have been so active and fit for years. I  can sympathise with you as I have had a brain tumour removed 3 years ago now I have brain damage ,short term memory loss and a personality change classed as disabled and may never work again mind you 58 so maybe I got med retired

• nickp

Hi Abi

I don't know if you got my reply but there were a lot of patients in A&E not going home after the week end as nobody was getting well enough So I got seen at 17.00 and pain relief at 18.40 then on to a cardiac ward at 22.00 then I was checked for BP pulse etc I have Hypertension high blood pressure any way all inherited from my Dads side of the family but im still here to annoy everyone ha ha

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    I also have short-term memory problems. It's terrible. Welcome here have fun
  • Bubsy42
    Bubsy42 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Dory said:
    Hi Group, My name is Dave ("Dory" because of my memory issues and brain damage) I fell over walking across a car park with my niece back to our car. I had 2 subdural haematoma, and now my body is wrecked. spine, joints and muscles. Hypothalmus damage being the cause. Well there's my rant and introduction, sorry. 
    I'm usually jovial and like funny things, i'm really looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi that's nasty, I feel for you falling, I fell 2 weeks ago like a domino, I have drop foot from 2 spinal fusions and I have a black eye and black chin but nothing broken, it shook me up though, its frightening to fall.

• bam
    I have fallen so much because of my MS. it's really painful and the soreness last for a few weeks
  • Bubsy42
    Bubsy42 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    bam said:
    I have fallen so much because of my MS. it's really painful and the soreness last for a few weeks

Bam that is awful and so frustrating hope you have some respite
  • Dory
    Hi all. Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been on holiday to poulton le fylde for a week with family. It was lovely but don't you feel guilty when help is offered for everything or is it just me? 
  • bam
  • Dory
    Hi bam. Hope you are feeling a little better. Hope the rest of you are healing well as well. 
  • bam
    Thank you very much 
  • bam
    Thank you very much 
  • nickp
    Hi all since my last post its been discovered after an angiogram and an EEG that I have a fast heart beat now on beta blockers to slow it down so im a little wheezy and dopey more so then usual
  • bam
    @nickp I hope you feel better soon
  • bam
    @Dory thank you for your kind words.
  • bam
    @Bubsy42 isn't falling down as an adult a horrible experience? It's even more horrible when you have problems getting up again. Who wants to call 911 emergency and saying I have fallen and I can't get up. Then after you get up you are in pain for days afterward 

Brightness