Housing in Leeds — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing in Leeds

Options
Geo08
Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
I'm going to have to move to Leeds next year but I am having difficulty finding anywhere accessible to live. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding somewhere wheelchair accessible ro live for a year or so?

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Geo08,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

Have you had any success in finding accessible housing since you posted?

If you need to find a property which is accessible but you only need somewhere for the short term you may find that privately renting is the best way forward. It can be very difficult to find accessible properties but there is a website you can use to help. The Accessible Property Register lists accessible properties available to buy or rent so it's worth checking and keeping an eye on in the coming months.
    http://accessible-property.org.uk/start.htm

You could also try www.habinteg.org.uk who provide accessible housing but it's probably not the right option if you only need the housing for a year or so. This sort of housing would probably be more permanent.

You could also contact some letting agents in the Leeds area and register with them. If you outline your requirements they will be able to contact you if something suitable comes on the market.

Aside from that I think it's just going to be a case of searching lots of websites and classified ads.

I hope that helps and good luck with the house hunting.

Best wishes
    Debbie 
  • dawnandt
    dawnandt Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    HI Goe08,
    There is a supported housing group called Riverside ECHG Bracken Court on Geldered Road, They may able to help you and have a disabled flat, you have to complete a referral. They may be able to pass you on to another housing provider, Good Luck.

Brightness