ESA - Tribunal Appeal Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA - Tribunal Appeal Help

peisuen
peisuen Community member Posts: 9 Listener

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @peisuen welcome to the community. I'm sure people will be happy to help you, but they may need a little information to do so. You may also wish to call our free helpline on 0808 800 3333
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi Peisuen,

Can I help you with this query?

• peisuen
    Thank you everyone.  I have just medical retired from my previous job but my local CAB is helping me at the moment.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    I'm glad to hear that you're getting some help from your local CAB.
    Be sure to get in touch if there's anything we can do to help too.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • peisuen

You are very kind Debbie.

Peisuen

• DenuseSax
    DenuseSax Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have just been told I'm not entitled to ESA so I have appealed I have no money ,but I do have a partner ,but if I lived alone were would I be 
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Hi @DenuseSax

On what basis have you not qualified for ESA? If I can establish this with you I might be able to find out where you stand.

Many thanks
  • peisuen
    edited September 2016

DWP will not pay me anything because I have the savings but I am appealing re. they score me 0 points and have to look for a job.

PeiSuen

• Debbie_Alumni
    @peisuen,

Let us know if you need any information to support your appeal. If you've been refused the benefit on the basis that your savings take you above the capital limit, you won't be able to appeal this decision but you can make another claim if and when your savings come under the capital limits. Let me know if you need some more guidance on this.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • peisuen
    edited September 2016

Thanks Debbie.

DWP are not giving me ESA because I have savings but DfE has medically retired me for my health issues but they scored me 0 points and wants me to get a job so I am fighting them because of my health and my consultant at St Mary's has backed me.

I have appealed t the tribunals and waiting for my hearing date. 

I don't want to pay for my medicines on top of my dental treatments.  My pensions will pay for my rent and some bills already.  I need my taxi card when it expired in 9 years time because it takes me to places - I no longer can walk short distance and I don't want to keep asking my auntie to take me to the dentist.

Hope I haven't bored you.

PeiSuen

• Debbie_Alumni
    Hi @peisuen,

If you've been working then would you not qualify for contributions based ESA which doesn't take into account savings? This looks a little bit complicated, could you send me an email so I can go through this with you in a bit more detail. Is anyone helping you with your appeal? helpline@scope.org.uk (mark it for me and include your username so I know it's you)

And no, you haven't bored me :)
    Hope to speak with you soon.
  • peisuen

Thanks Debbie.

I am waiting for the hearing date of the appeal and then CAB will ask FRU to help me with the appeal. Once I have scanned everything on my phone/my new scanner delivered today, I will try and send it to you.  Thanks Debbie.

• Debbie_Alumni
    I'm really pleased to hear that CAB are referring you to the FRU. For anyone who doesn't know who the FRU are, they are the Free Representation Unit and they provide free representation to the public in employment and social security hearings. You can only be referred by a referral agency such as the CAB and more information can be found in the following link http://www.thefru.org.uk/.

I look forward to hearing from you again soon @peisuen

• Mark13
    Mark13 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi all
    I have had my ESA stopped because I can walk or wheelchair 200 metres !! Who couldn't in a wheelchair or crutches that I am permanently,plus I can lift one arm above my head for 30 seconds and move a small empty box about 2 feet !!but don't say how much pain I was in nor how many pain killers I am on !! So am taking it to court,hsve turned the other appeals down. PIP give me 12 points the council class me disabled but ESA don't !! Can anyone advise me what happens when I get to court please??

Thanks mark
  • peisuen

You can ask your local CAB to refer you to a lawyer to help you in court Mark.

Pei Suen

• Mark13
    Mark13 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you Pro Suen

Mark

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.