One-year old with CP struggles with car seat - Any suggestions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

One-year old with CP struggles with car seat - Any suggestions?

Options
gemw
gemw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
i have a one year old baby with cerebral palsay who has trouble in a car seat he finds it very uncomfortable as he bends his right leg in an struggles to relax his muscles anyone got any suggestions please. at moment i cannot go out on my own with him which is hard with a 3 year old too

Comments

• Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi @gemw we were pretty fortunate as my little girl tolerated her car seat really well (but I am so glad we are past that stage as she has a WAV now) have you tried looking on here?

http://incarsafetycentre.co.uk/category/special-needs/

They do consultations and a few people have said they provide really good advice. You could also ask baby's physio/OT (but they won't pay for one) Newlife charity might help you there 
  • Letty
    Letty Community member Posts: 7 Courageous
    Options
    perhaps there are some stretches physio can recommend? Our daughter used to try to arch her back, she would come out sweating after a lot of crying. I did not ask for help much. perhaps it is quite easily solved with help. Other than that I did find it made a huge difference when I turned her round later on.

Brightness