Husband's PIP stopped except standard rate mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Husband's PIP stopped except standard rate mobility

Options
courtneyone
courtneyone Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, my hubbie had one total new knee replacement, and was awarded full mobility and full disability, then was reduced to standard exactly a year later had to have another total new knee replacement but was kept on standard rate, November last year we informed them that my husband had been diagnosed with severe sleep apnoe and was put on a cpac machine all night,an assessor came out supposedly to register the machines number, my husband also suffers from severe depression and has been under a crisis team, beginning of January after this assessor had blatantly not listened at all to my husbands needs and mental health decided to stop all his pip except for standard rate mobility, was this decision acceptable we did write a letter to appeal but they came back with the same decision, this as had a severe affect on his mental wellbeing, and he has to have another knee operation on Nov 2 and as previous one has not worked  Thankyou

Comments

• julierose
    julierose Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    i feel sorry for you i know how you feel ,the assesors really are not saying the truth ,i dont know whats going on but it seems those who really need the help are not getting it ...i scored 0 on all ,how i have no idea ,apparently i can walk more than 200mts unaided or aided ..i really wish i could ..think the disabled community are really going to have to fight back 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello

My name is Maria, and i work for the Benefits Training Co., we work with Scope. 

Even though you have received a response stating the decision has not been changed, you can challenge the PIP decision further.   This is because it looks as though you have received a Mandatory Reconsideration decision, which means that you can now lodge an appeal to a tribunal. You must lodge an appeal within 1 month of the date of the mandatory reconsideration letter. 

The letter you got from PIP stating that the decision has not been changed, does it say at the top of the letter Mandatory reconsideration'?  Also, what is the date of this letter?

Regards

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.