coming from dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

coming from dla to pip

Options
huskymad
huskymad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi I'm currently on dla hrc and lrm which ends in april 17 and I'm dreading switiching to pip as ive heard so many horror stories, I have a large range of problems from adhd, bipolar, type 1 diabetes ,ibs  heart problem anxiety nerve damage in my legs and slite brain damage from a coma a few years ago, I don't go anywhere with out my hubby, he is my saint he sorts the children out does the house work washing clothes cooking I don't know wot I would do with out him as we never know wot sort of day I'm going to have I take a lot of meds fo my problems which he has to give me as I would just not take them or take an overdose he has to remember everything
with the change to pip will I have to have a f2f interview as I'm worring about this as I don't do this very good I get tounge tied and cant get across what I want to say and would my hubby beable to come in with me

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi huskymad

In answer to your first question it is likely that you will be asked to attend a face to face assessment because it is the Government's intention with PIP to assess most claimants in this way .However your husband is allowed to attend an assessment with you and in the DWP’s own guidance for people carrying out assessments for PIP it states:

“The claimant and any companion should feel fully involved in the process and feel that the consultation is a genuine two-way process” 

You can look at the guidance here PIP Assessment Guide ; page 31 onwards is concerned with the face to face assessment. 

Before you are asked to attend a face to face assessment you will be asked to complete a form which asks you how you are affected by your health conditions and disabilities. Depending on the information you provide it may be possible for the DWP to make a decision on the papers (page 26 to 30 of the guidance covers this) but in my experience most people are invited to attend a face to face assessment. 

Finally, if at any part of the process of transferring from DLA to PIP you have concerns then please come back on to the forum and we will do our best to reassure you and answer any questions you might have. 

Best wishes 

Paul

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.