Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice

Options
sooz
sooz Community member Posts: 13 Listener
hi ....wasn't sure what to put as a title.  
Having been indefinitely awarded dla over 15 years ago I was recently assessed for pip and was unsuccessful. I have sent in my mandatory reconsideration and received a text on Monday to say they have received this.
on Wednesday I received a letter from DWP, local service compliance, requesting I come for an interview. I called them to ask  what this was for and they told me that someone has made an allegation that I am living with someone. 
Im a single mother and receive carers allowance for my son who is autistic. Only my son and I live in our house, there is no one else who stays here. I also care for my mother who has Alzheimer's but does not live with me.
if someone has made an allegation then it must be for vindictive reasons and to be honest I don't know anyone who would do that to me, or have any reason to do so.  I lead a very simple life. I don't have a partner at all.
im not normally a sceptical person but I'm finding it very strange and thinking surely if there is a possibility I'm cohabiting they would come to my home to check? 
The timing in view of my request for a pip reconsideration is making me think if this is a ploy to get me to go to their offices to gauge my mobility.
am I being paranoid and there is actually some awful person making a false allegation for whatever reason?

Comments

• nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    SOOZ, dont think someone has told on you, because im home all day and watch a lot of tv,yestarday in the house of commons question time, they were asking the same thing, peoples money had been stoppted because some one was liveing with them, it was all lies, and they are giveing sanctions to people, so they dont have to pay them for the same reason, you go and face them, its happening to loads of people, for them to ask questions in the house of commons,there has got to be a lot of people this is happening to, so i wouldnt think its someone you no,good luck  hope this helps
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Sooz

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, it sounds awful.

It's difficult to know what's happened here though. It might help to get some face to face advice locally to help you contact the benefit office involved and get some answers.

It may not be the same but there have been some terrible problems with tax credits which have been reported in the news, see here for example in the Independent. It may be worth contacting your MP for help.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.