I really need help - received a call from PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I really need help - received a call from PIP

marrium
marrium Community member Posts: 30 Listener
Hi, A few weeks ago I had a pip assessment and they came for a home visit. Last week I received a text message from pip which said that they have all my information and that they will soon send a decision letter but today I received a call from pip and my case worker asked me a few questions. I gave her answers but now I am confused because I think that I should of gave her answers in more detail. I am really upset and I don't know what I should do. If anyone can help me then please do because I really need help. Thanks marrium

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi marrium

The first thing to say here is please try not to worry, easy for me to say and harder for you to do I know but until a decision has been made there might be nothing at all to worry about so try and keep a positive outlook. In my view it is unlikely the DWP will make a decision based solely on the answers you gave during the phone call. They will be considering the evidence in its entirety of which your answers form one small part. It is much more likely they will  base the decision on the findings of the assessment you attended or from considering any other medical evidence you have provided or they have obtained from your GP or any other health care professionals you have seen.

The most important thing to note is if they do make a decision that you disagree with then you have an opportunity to challenge it. On that basis my advice is to try and put any worries you might have to one side and wait for the decision to arrive which by the sound of things will not be too much longer. Once you have the decision then please post back on here and we will do our best to advise you further.

Best wishes

Paul
    The Benefits Training Co:

• marrium
  • marrium
    Hi I won pip and mobility of enhanced rate and stander rate of disability. Thank all of you for helping me lot God bless you. Thanks 
  • fedupfemale
    fedupfemale Community member Posts: 28 Connected
  • marrium
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi marrium

That's great news and it's important to note that depending on your circumstances you might be entitled to an increase in any other benefits you might be receiving so a full benefit check is advised.

The turn2us calculator is a good place to start and you can access that here: turn2us benefit calculator

Best wishes

Paul

The Benefits Training Co:

• marrium
    Ok thank you so much.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.