My question is what is the procedure for PIP? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My question is what is the procedure for PIP?

13»

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @marrium,

Sorry I missed your call today. I've set a reminder to call you on Monday though.
    In terms of how long it will take to make a decision; this can vary from one part of the country to another.
    The latest clearance times for new PIP claims take on average 11 weeks from registration to a decision but you've already gone past 11 weeks so we can't use that as a guide. I would probably allow 2 weeks to pass before contacting them but realistically 4 weeks to allow for any further delays. From what I hear on the front line the decisions tend to come quite soon after assessment (around 2-4 weeks) but again this varies from one area to another.

How did you find the assessment? Was it better than expected?

Have a lovely weekend and I look forward to speaking to you on Monday :)
  • marrium
    marrium Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Hi,
    sorry for the delay. A few weeks ago a ladie came from capita for a home visit. At the beginning of this week I received a text message that the DWP has all the information that they need and they will send a letter When they make a decisions. Does anyone know how long this will take? If anyone does then please Let me know. Many Thanks Marrium.
  • marrium
    Hi Debbie voakes I won pip and. I got enhanced rate of mobility and standard rate of disability. Thank you so much for helping me in such a difficult time. You are such a nice lady who helps others. God bless you thanks a lot X.  Marrium 
  • marrium
    Hi everyone,
    I received my pip decision letter 3 weeks ago. The Pip people have not said anything about when I will recive my pip payment. My claim is on hold. Can anyone tell me how long it will take for them to pay me. If anyone knows then please let me know. Many thanks Marrium.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.