New member subrumygirl1 and DLA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New member subrumygirl1 and DLA

Options
subrumygirl1
subrumygirl1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have been in receipt of DLA for over 18 yrs and was awarded for life I still have not been asked to go in to have a new claim as yet | also was just told by a benefits adviser to still get my car on motorbility as normal so I have done this it was renewed in may this yr |I dont know what to do as they have never paid me any care component and been told by others they should be ??

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @subrumygirl1

Welcome to the community, I have moved this post to the Disability benefits, money and work category where members may be able to help.

The Benefits Advice page may be of help too.

I look forward to chatting with you 

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • subrumygirl1
    subrumygirl1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi subrumygirl1, if you haven't yet been asked to claim PIP, then you don't need to worry about it yet. You probably will be asked to claim it sooner or later (unless you were 65 or over on 8 April 2013). So if you're currently eligible to use the motability scheme, that sounds fine. If you've only ever had the mobility component (and use that to pay for the car), and you don't get the care component, then the problem is that asking for this to be looked at is very likely to trigger the reassessment for PIP. That's risky because you need to get a specific rate of PIP to keep your car. I'd ask your benefits adviser for more advice on what they think you should get under PIP before doing anything more. Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.