My son gets dla and has started work confusing nowadays can anyone help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son gets dla and has started work confusing nowadays can anyone help

Options
clare16
clare16 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
my son gets dla and he has started work he gt a letter recently and it says thx for changing bank details and at the bottom it says working out if ya been over paid and im thinkin has he been overpaid because everythin changin atm with benefits  

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi clare16,

DLA is not affected by working so that won't have caused an overpayment.

Does the letter actually say he has been overpaid or is it just a general reminder to report changes of circumstance to avoid overpayments?

Best wishes,

Michael

The Benefits Training Co:

• clare16
    Options
    no it says about a report of changes of circumastance to avoid overpayment xxx
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi clare16,

Please post back on here if you receive anything more about an overpayment of DLA and we will do our best to advise you. You can work and still be entitled to DLA so like my colleague Michael says working in itself won't cause an overpayment and I am interested to hear if the DWP say otherwise.

Best wishes

Paul

The Benefits Training Co:

• clare16
    Options
    Cheers for all ya help n will do xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.