work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

work

Options
butter1962
butter1962 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi i am new to group i have just been awarded standard living pip and enhanced mobility i am now on jsa as atos said i could work last year now i have been awarded standard livingi am hoping to go on esa my partner has now put in for carers allowance but i am wondering if i will be put in the work group of esa as i need help with toilet and basic things that my partner helps me with and if i had to take a job i would be so humiliated for a stranger to have to pull my pants up just wondering if anyone has any advice i have worked all my life as a chef which through my lower body disability i can no longer do thanks for reading 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @butter1962,

Hope you're having a good day! Welcome to the community. I hope you find it useful.

I've moved your post into our benefit advisor area - as they might be able to help you with your query. 

• butter1962
    butter1962 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @butter1962

You appear to have some options here but it depends on your partner's circumstances. Are you claiming JSA as a single person or do you claim for your partner as well? Does your partner work?

If your partner claimed income support as a carer and included you in the claim as part of a couple you would receive more money than you would initially if you were to claim ESA as a couple. This would change if you were later placed in the support group of ESA but that can be a difficult outcome to achieve.

Please post back on here and we will advise you further.

Best wishes

Paul

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.