Husband's high mobility benefit stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Husband's high mobility benefit stopped

Options
2014msaeed
2014msaeed Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi there i  have problem my husband was having high mobilty and now have been stop. my husband have mental problom now ther have been stop plz let me know what shall i do

Comments

• ang
    ang Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Make an appointment with a welfare rights officer and c.a.b officer for help and support
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi 2014msaeed

It is likely that this decision can be challenged. But there are usually time limits for doing this meaning you usually need to contact the benefit office within one month of the decision being made. If it is later than this it may still be possible to successfully challenge the decision but the later it is the more difficult it is likely to be.

It would be helpful to find out more about this decision and so i suggest you contact the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 between 9am and 5pm on a weekday.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @2014msaeed

I was just wondering how you got on with this? Did you challenge the decision?

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi 2014msaeed,

We'd love to know how you got on. If you need help with challenging the decision then as ang says, the local CAB might be able to help.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.