Can anyone suggest a good careers advice service? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone suggest a good careers advice service?

Options
the_velvet_girl
the_velvet_girl Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
Can anyone suggest a good careers advice service?  I'm relocating soon & want to change careers. My current job is becoming impossible due to my ill health but I also feel fed up with my profession & I'm need a change due to the staffing levels & cutbacks. I contacted Skills Development Scotland where the advisor stated he didn't know enough about my disability or profession to help me & referred me to the employability service. The advisor at the employability service just seemed keen on telling me all the support that can be put in place for me in my current role & just didn't seem to listen when I said I didn't want to work in the NHS anymore. I need a graduate level careers service with a interest or knowledge of disabilities & someone who will actually listen to what I want.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.