Compliance letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance letter

Options
debz1963
debz1963 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi thanx for adding me to the group.
Just wondering if you have any advice on the letter I have received.
It's a benifit change of circumstances compliance letter saying I need to take I'd bank statements etc.
I rang them to ask if my daughter could go with me and what it the interview was about and they said it's about savings I told them I don't have any savings and they said we will talk about it at the interview which is on weds 4th.
Any ideas what they mean please.
Thanks Debz.

Comments

• debz1963
    Options
  • catchacold2
    catchacold2 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Could be just a random check so do not worry. Ask for the interview to be held at home if that suits you
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Options
    My brother had one of those a couple of years ago, I am his appointee and I was absolutely terrified! An advisor came to see us at his flat, she was really nice and said it was just a random check and just looked at his bank statements, then went away and we never heard anything again :smile:
  • debz1963
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback :)
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

debz1963,

These checks are common, and there should be nothing to worry about. If you need the interview to be moved to your home for accessibility reasons you should definitely ask for that.

Savings can affect income-based benefits like income-related employment and support allowance, pension credit and housing benefit. If you don't have any savings, then all you need to do is prove this by showing all your bank statements, details of any accounts you have - they should have sent you a list of what they want to see.

I can see that the interview is tomorrow (!) so just wish you luck and hope it all goes smoothly. Do post back to let us know.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• debz1963
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback
    I will let you know how I get on.
  • debz1963
    Options
    Hi. 
    The interview was about a ppi payment I had a couple of yrs ago but because it was less than a thousand it was OK I just need to take the ppi letter down to them.
    Thanx for all your feedback.
  • catchacold2
    catchacold2 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • noracnorac
    noracnorac Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    Hi I have had a compliance letter,when I rang the gentleman I spoke to said they had had a anoyomous letter sent in about me....when I was passed on to his supervisor she denied this....I am bed bound at the moment with a tibia plateau fracture spend eight hours a day on cpm machine....what I would like to know is I'm in receipt of pension credit guarantee how much savings am I allowed to have....I've built some savings up as I've been like this for 22weeks...please help....

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi
    noracnorac,

With pension credit there isn't a limit on how much savings you can have, but you do need to report them. If they go above £10,000, you are treated as having income from the savings, even if you don't actual get any interest. For every £500 (or part of £500) above £10,000, you are treated as having £1 per week.

Over 22 weeks I really doubt that you would have gone over the £10,000 though, unless you already had other savings? Just respond to the compliance letter with all the details & evidence you can provide. It sounds as if it should be fine. As for the anonymous letter, sometimes you never find out why a compliance investigation has been started. The main thing is to respond within the time limit they've given you.

Hopefully it will all be ok - but let us know if you need more advice.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• noracnorac
    noracnorac Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your response it was really helpful......

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.