Hi, my name is joannarashelle! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is joannarashelle!

2»

Comments

• Fundamentalist
    Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Hi from Fm. I'll try and keep this as civilised as possible. If dogs are so "loving" then how come they and only they treat me so brutally hostile? And no other animal treats me in such a way and never has done but dogs have treated me like absolute dirt all my life since I was little. Other animals are much more friendly to me especially cats and birds, I've even had wild birds perch on me! And sometimes when I go to a riverbank where I've never been before the local wild geese and ducks come and gather round me all nice and friendly and quite often when I'm really wound up cats come to me and comfort me and just recently even a horse did the same and I've never had anything to do with horses. Whereas dogs just needlessly and wilfully become part of the problem as do far too many people. No matter what anyone says as far as I'm concerned dogs are quite responsible for their attitude and actions the same as people are so they've no excuse and I've no sympathy for any dog with such a serious attitude problem. Why pick on a total stranger totally out of the blue? Quite often I've been quietly minding my own business and some grossly anti-social dog has deliberately started on me for absolutely no reason and no other animal in this country treats me in such an outrageous manner, just who do they think they are? They do not own me and neither do any people as so many like to think they do. I can't say on here what I think of dogs. Fm.
  • joannarashelle
    joannarashelle Community member Posts: 135 Pioneering
    Hello there I won't be drawn into conflict it's not my bag but will suggest you think about the signs you're unwittingly sending out to dogs.. if you don't like dogs and have issues with them they will pick up on this and treat you accordingly, either giving you a wide berth or entering into a challenge with you; dogs are one of the most intuitive sensitive and intelligent animals on the planet, they can sense conflict a mile off even if we can't sense it in ourselves. 

It's apparent you like nature, if you want to resolve your conflict with dogs why don't you watch how they help empower and support people with trauma, both physical and mental and certainly emotional. 

A dog will only attack if it feels it is threatened. 

I cant say anymore on the subject to help you I'm no human Psychologist I'm a Dog Psychologist! 

I help troubled dogs!

As they have helped me my whole life.

Best wishes and I hope you find your inner calm

xx
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fundamentalist I can see that you aren't a dog fan! I suppose it is just personal preferences isnt it.  For example, you say that you have felt comforted by ducks and geese, but I am terrified of geese (I was bitten as a child) and now I sometimes feel they are after me if I go out walking on the canals!

But even though I am not a fan, I can respect that you are happy to see them and feel they are friendly.

Can you see that other people feel the same way about dogs? 

You mention horses too, I have been reading about how horse riding can be beneficial to disabled people and find it fascinating.  Yet I am scared of horses and can't imagine ever getting on one again! 

Without dropping too big a pun, it is horses for courses isnt it?!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Fundamentalist
    Fundamentalist Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Hi, from Fm. When I was a kid back in the 70's my parents had some geese and I loved them and they let me hold them and pick them up so I got to know geese really well so they don't scare me but they do like to "tweak with their beak" sometimes.  And I used to go rowing in my inflatable on the canals for miles at a time and I found that the geese there were very timid, I generally find it's all beak and scare tactics with geese, but it's swans that are much more aggressive, especially if they've got a nest. But I've even had wild swans come to me all friendly sometimes. When I was on the canals I used to take an aerosol klaxon to scare away aggressive swans. I would love to hold a goose again but wild ones won't let me as they live in a world of predators so they're naturally taught not to trust anyone. I find geese adorable but they do come out with some dreadful language sometimes and they have dreadful falling out do's. I also love chickens and they're usually really friendly with me too probably because my parents had some of those too and we used to breed them and we had lots of bonny little chicks and we had to get another shed as the breeding got a bit out of control! And we had one hen that used to let me stroke her when she was sitting on her eggs to have some chicks and no hen will ever let you do that, never! but she let me and only me, she wouldn't let anyone else near. I've only tried riding a horse once and it bolted and I had to hang on! And I had a cat when I was little that used to sleep on the end of my bed at night and I've been really friendly with cats ever since and sometimes when I'm really fiercely wound up they come to me and give me comfort, I met one a short while back that even jumped onto my shoulder. But what I really can't stand is those thug dogs like pit bulls that are just not fit to be kept as pets and are just mad bent on killing for sport as so many dogs are even though they're well fed from the supermarket and have no need to hunt as wild dogs have to. The only canines I have any real respect for is foxes even though they kill chickens but only because they have to to survive but pet dogs have no excuse. Fm.
  • joannarashelle
    Hello Fundamentalist how are you today 

I love chickens too!

We used to have Bantam chickens when I was a little girl, mine was called Charlie and my sister Rebekah's was called Samantha!

This clip may be of interest to you https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hDvWun8lw

Best wishes

Joanna
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I have 6 chickens all named after drag queens!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • joannarashelle
    Teehee that made me giggle! 

Brightness