Need Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need Advice

Options
Rosegilbert6
Rosegilbert6 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi my name is  Rose  and at the  moment  I receive  ESA and I am placed  in  support  group  due  to  my  long  spine disease  i've been  diagnosed  with  Lumbar degenerative  disc disease   about  3 years ago  .The  advice  I am looking  for  is about 11 months  ago  I filled  the  ESA 50 form  and  attended  a face to  face  assessment,and  been  put in support  group   now  I  received  another  ESA50 form  to  fill  in and  probably  another  assessment  to  attend  I am  confused  about  all  this  since  I am  on support  group  very  stressed  out  so  any  advice  will  be  very  much  appreciated  thank  you  .

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Please refer to adviser. https://community.scope.org.uk/categories
    Scroll down and choose the more related to your question and queries. 

Hope you will resolve the problem soon. 

• Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    Options
    As with all of these forms, it is very important to make sure they are filled in properly. This doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong, but it's all about wording it properly.
    Seek advice, citizens advice are very good 
  • Rosegilbert6
    Options
  • Rosegilbert6
    Options
    As with all of these forms, it is very important to make sure they are filled in properly. This doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong, but it's all about wording it properly.
    Seek advice, citizens advice are very good 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rosegilbert6 I have moved your post to the ask a benefits advisor to get their take on it.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Rosegilbert6

Work capability in ESA is subject to frequent reassessments. This means you can be asked to go through the whole assessment process again i'm afraid. Although less than a year does seem very soon and it may be worth calling the benefits office to check it hasn't been sent in error. If it has i suggest you take the name of the person you speak with.

It is important that you engage with the assessment process if you've been asked to do so. This is because if you fail to return the ESA50 form without good reason, or fail to attend an assessment medical without good reason, then your ESA can be stopped.

It's good that you have successfully navigated the process before and hopefully this will help you. But if you have any specific concerns or questions do let us know.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Rosegilbert6
    Options
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi @Rosegilbert6 I have moved your post to the ask a benefits advisor to get their take on it.
    Thank you  Sam Scope  I shall keep  you  posted  got  in  touch  with  my  local  CAB and  they  booked  me  an  appointment  with  one  off their  voluntary  solicitors  to help  me  fill  in  the  form, I am  in  a  cycle  of  anxiety  depression  and  pain    this  month  I have  3 scans  booked  a CT scan a Bone density  scan  and  an  MRI scan .    
  • Rosegilbert6
    Options
    @Rosegilbert6,
    If you're in the support group don't get too worried or concerned if you're still the way you were when you were first put in the support group.
    The DWP has to assess things to see if people in the support group are still suitable to be in the support group to prevent fraud, even to people with disabilities and health disorders which are irreversible. They have to treat everyone equally, I'm in the support group and had a meeting with them recently, nothing bad happened.
    I hope this helps.
    Hi Danny  , thanks  for  your  reply  actually  I am much  worse  since  11 months  ago  when  I had  the  essesment  , my long  history  of  ill  health  is  getting  much  worse  my  mobility  got  really  bad  can  hardly  walk  without  severe  pain  have  to  stop  every  few  paces  due  to  pain  and short  of  breath  and  it  take  me  triple  the  time then  a normal  person so I get  very  frustrated and stressed  out especially  that  I use  to  be  a  very  independent  woman  .Keep  you  posted.
  • Rosegilbert6
    Options
    Hi Rosegilbert6

Work capability in ESA is subject to frequent reassessments. This means you can be asked to go through the whole assessment process again i'm afraid. Although less than a year does seem very soon and it may be worth calling the benefits office to check it hasn't been sent in error. If it has i suggest you take the name of the person you speak with.

It is important that you engage with the assessment process if you've been asked to do so. This is because if you fail to return the ESA50 form without good reason, or fail to attend an assessment medical without good reason, then your ESA can be stopped.

It's good that you have successfully navigated the process before and hopefully this will help you. But if you have any specific concerns or questions do let us know.

David
    Hi David,  it did  cross  my  mind  that  DWP  might  have  sent me the  form in error  but  it  wasn't  as  I did  phone  DWP  and  I  been  told  that  I have  to  fill  in  the  form and  to  sent to  the  health  assessment  and  has  to  reach  them  by  1st  February 2017, I am very  confused  as  in  March  of  2016 when  I  attended  the  essesment  the  essesser  could  see  that  I was  in  so  much  pain that  he  stopped  the  essesment  and  told  my  daughter  to  take  me home  and  not  to stress  myself  about  it  then  2 weeks  after  received  the  letter  from  DWP  telling  me  that  I been  put  on  support  group  and  be getting  £125-05 a week  but  didn't  gave  me  any  dates  until  when  .  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.