Have your say! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have your say!

natasha_m
natasha_m Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in Research and opportunities

Of course I want to have my say. If research is a way to do so, then yes, I’m in, I'll help. Ignorance is the biggest issue we face.” – Nnenna

Many things are assumed about caregivers’ perceptions but research that actually asks them directly is thin on the ground. For this reason, we are undertaking this study to understand family members’ experiences of and perceptions of other people’s attitudes to learning disability, and more specifically towards family members’ themselves as the parent/sibling or close relative of someone with a learning disability. We are looking to hear directly from family members of individuals with learning disabilities (children as well as adults) – they will be asked to complete a survey that will take approximately 20 minutes. The study has formal ethical approval from University College London’s Research Ethics Committee. Please copy and paste this link:https://uclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_37CMEb2ZdwYusXH 

Comments

• CaderMac
    CaderMac Community member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Thanks for sharing! It is really important to give caregivers a voice and research tasks like this are vital in making sure we (across organisations and society as a whole) have an a better understanding of how best to support caregivers. I will share the link with some suitable participants! Best of luck with your research

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.