pip review assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip review assessment

Options
13»

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi mumof3boys - I'm somewhat sceptical as to whether there was really little demand for welfare rights advice at a time when more and more people need it.  On the other hand, I didn't know that local councils have (or had) welfare rights departments - so possibly most other people were not aware of this either, so there really was little demand because few knew of the existence of such a service.

Having said that, a neighbour of mine bumped into the chief executive of my local council and asked him why nearly all council-to-resident interaction has to be done online now.  The reply was that that's what residents want!  The council didn't canvass my opinion.  

In other words, I suspect that councils are telling fibs about demand for services in order to cut costs.
  • dan20ddf
    dan20ddf Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    Hi I've just been approved for a Blue Badge by my local authority but I've only scored 4 points on pip mobility how cone my local authority recognise my conditions without a medical ... but DWP  awarded me four points only how this work .... 
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/33344/pip-and-blue-badge#5IJcxUvdCCfzQrxD.99

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.