I get very little sleep — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I get very little sleep

Lynne53
Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ask a sleep expert.

Comments

• Lynne53
    Lynne53 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Hi Maxine and Angie I have two sleep problems and between the I get very little sleep.  Was was diagnosed with REM sleep disorder about five yearscago and it's still bad I take 2mg Ropinerol twice a day. Also have  RLS which did not seen much till I got it.  My whole body, including my head has to move I take 2 Mg of.      Daily for this.  I also have IBS and this is worse at night.  I am a zombie during the daycare and I dread bedtime. I cannot go on like this for ever I am diabled so long walks are out

Thank you for you time, I'm right out of the age group but desperation means you'll try anything (I am 63)

Regards
    Lynne Ryan
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2017
    Our body clocks vary a lot.  I have found that rarely can I get off to sleep much before 12-30-1.00am.  I don't even try to go to sleep much before this.  I find reading can help induce sleep.  But I don't watch TV or listen to other sound media for at least 15 minutes before I decide to go to sleep as doing so can keep me awake longer.  I sleep quite well with this routine and usually wake up 8.30-9.00am.   

Avoid caffeine less than about 3.5-4.00 hours before usual sleep time; in my case 9pm is the deadline.

One or two mugs of thick hot chocolate late in the evening can help to induce sound sleep - although of course this may increase the number of times the individual has to get up in the night to go to the loo. Depends on the individual.

Brightness