Pip assessment cerebral palsy left himepleigia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment cerebral palsy left himepleigia

Options
tgillions
tgillions Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all

I will be applying for pip in Jan after receiving dla low rate care since 1996 (10 years old) I have never been reassessed. Obviously my disability needs have changed since then.  I am just looking to speak to someone who has been through the process for cerebral palsy only not esa.  Many thanks x

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tgillions

Welcome to the community, there are lots of posts about CP and PIP so I hope you can find what you are looking for.

I am moving your post over to the disability benefits category so it will be more visible to other members.

Thanks for joining us

Sam
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @tgillions

How are you? Have you applied for PIP yet? Let us know how you get on, and if there's anything we can do to help.

Thanks,
    Alex
  • tgillions
    tgillions Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Alex

Just had my letter through to claim pip,just waiting for forms now.  Bricking it, all i can see is horror stories :-( 
  • Nasmamu
    Nasmamu Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    tgillions I know how you feel. Have applied over the phone on Friday and I'm just waiting on the forms too. Soo many horror stories. I was born with CP (Spastic Diplegia) and been on HR DLA since 1992, it was an indefinite award and my needs have changed too. Im in a wheelchair and Can't walk, have crohns now too (diagnosed 11yrs ago) so need help with horrendous incontinence episodes (some days 10-12 times a day. God bless the wife!) Not seen a consultant for over 20yrs as theres nothing else they could do (or so i was told) see someone and get regular treatment for crohns. Need help to dress and bathe/shower. Just very very stressed that I'm going to fall victim to these cuts at a time when I actually need more help not less or none. Im just going to go to the assessment and be honest and hope honesty is actually rewarded. I work and use my DLA for a car to give me the "independence" to get to work. No car no work, its as simple as that im afraid. All the best to you in your pip journey, I hope we both get the decisions our disability deserves and not the decision that helps the govt shelve us and saves them money.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.