DLA to PIP, lost my benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP, lost my benefits

sue_49
sue_49 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had been on disability living allowance for a very long time they changed it to PIP and not getting anything now I don't know what to do next 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sue_49 welcome to the community.  There are lots of people in this group who are dealing with the change from DLA to PIP and so I hope you can chat with them and get some information and support.

Did you appeal the decision on your PIP application? 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2017
    Hi @sue_49.  There is info on the Scope site under 'Support  and information" about appealing PIP, and also on the Disability Rights website.  If available, try and speak to CAB or similar advice centre.  The Scope Helpline could advise you of advice agencies in your area.   Well over 60% of appeals are successful.

You could also ask about appealing in the 'Ask a benefits advisor' on the Scope site.
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    I read a lot of advice on here,before i applied for pip great tips and advice from people and advisors i managed to get PiP. @Matilda and @sue_49 are right and given you good advice. you have options and our community here to help!.
  • nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    sue49, i had to change from DWP to PIP, it went ok with me, took 6 months from start to finish, but get plenty of advice, read the storys on scope you will see what is going on, scope help is very good, they give you plenty of things to look up and advice who to help you, good luck
  • emkins40
    emkins40 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    My advice is just take all the advice you can get and just don't let it stress you out. Many of us on here are telling about our difficulties but don't let it put you off. Keep fighting till you get your award which you believe is fair. Good luck Emma 
  • sandra123a
    sandra123a Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    sue hope do know appel agains pip know tribunal appeal against benefits

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.