Hi, my name is g30rg313! — Scope | Disability forum

Hi, my name is g30rg313!

g30rg313 Member Posts: 2 Listener
I came here looking for advice. My disability is one that is not seen, but is there, nonetheless. I need advice on how to get extra evidence for PIP claim.


  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    edited February 2017
    Hi @g30rg313, welcome to the community. I've moved your post to our benefit advisors' thread as they may be able to advise you on this.
  • g30rg313
    g30rg313 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you im new to forums. Sorry i posted in the wrong place.
  • davidj49
    davidj49 Member Posts: 63 Courageous
    @g30rg313 I heard one needs a formal diagnosis from an NHS Autism professional/clinic.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering

    Hi g30rg313,

    The person who makes the decision on your PIP claim at the DWP can consider any evidence you send in.

    You could keep a diary for a typical day, explaining how your disability affects you, how long it took you to do something and any problems that you. Or someone who knows you, perhaps a relative, friend or carer, could write a letter explaining the problems you have and the help you need. You could ask your doctor or any health professional you see who knows you and your disability for a letter of support to send in with your claim.

    All of the above can be considered by the DWP if it helps them understand the difficulties you have with daily living or mobility.

    Best wishes,


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.