Hi, my name is g30rg313! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is g30rg313!

Options
g30rg313
g30rg313 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I came here looking for advice. My disability is one that is not seen, but is there, nonetheless. I need advice on how to get extra evidence for PIP claim.

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi @g30rg313, welcome to the community. I've moved your post to our benefit advisors' thread as they may be able to advise you on this.
  • g30rg313
    g30rg313 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you im new to forums. Sorry i posted in the wrong place.
  • davidj49
    davidj49 Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    @g30rg313 I heard one needs a formal diagnosis from an NHS Autism professional/clinic.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi g30rg313,

The person who makes the decision on your PIP claim at the DWP can consider any evidence you send in.

You could keep a diary for a typical day, explaining how your disability affects you, how long it took you to do something and any problems that you. Or someone who knows you, perhaps a relative, friend or carer, could write a letter explaining the problems you have and the help you need. You could ask your doctor or any health professional you see who knows you and your disability for a letter of support to send in with your claim.

All of the above can be considered by the DWP if it helps them understand the difficulties you have with daily living or mobility.

Best wishes,

Michael

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.