Can someone please help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can someone please help?

Options
viper2017
viper2017 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
HI, I had severe heart failure around a year and a half ago and struggle to complete simple everyday tasks to this day. My employer wants to dismiss me on capability grounds, as I am still signed off sick. My doctors are saying that I cannot return to work due to the stress of the role. I know that I will struggle to go back to the role I had before my illness. My employer has told me indirectly that they cannot offer any suitable roles for my condition. My ESA has stopped and my PIP came back as a 'no'! Do I have a disability? 

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi @viper2017 please get immediately into contact with ACAS if you are still employee. They may help  you negotiating the  best solution within situation. Their service is free of charge and yes caring capability process based on medical grand is quite a tricky way for employer to finish the employee contract. The process however should take a full year time as company should sent you to occupational therapists for a reviews. If they speeding  up the process they are breaking a law. Please check if your company has  medical insurance they could offer you as a cover for loosing job based of regular reviews after loosing a job and money paid directly to your account instead governmental benefits.  I was proposed this by my employer before but no one explained to me anything about it so I did not take it and did not signed. If I would only know I would have a good life now with my own condition having visiting dr and be paid into my account to the rest of my life. 
    @Sam_Scope any more advise to suggests ?

• viper2017
    viper2017 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Iza, thanks for that. I attended at OH assessment mid 2016 and they deemed me not fit for my role. Nothing else happened after that.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @viper2017 you seem to be stuck in a terrible circle.  @Kirsty_Scope
    @DebbieVoakes @gillcoddington do you have any information that could help? 

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @viper2017 - I suggest that you ask in the 'Ask a benefits advisor' category about ESA and PIP issues,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.