ptsd and emotionally unstable personality disorder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ptsd and emotionally unstable personality disorder

jayt46
jayt46 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am on standard pip is it possiable to apply for enhanced rate or do i have to have mobilty issues i suffer from anxiety as i have to walk everywhere

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi jayt46,

There are two components of PIP- daily living (activities include washing, dressing, interacting with people, budgeting etc) and mobility (actually moving about, and planning and following journeys). Both components have 2 rates, standard and enhanced.

I'm not sure which component you are getting now, at the standard rate, but you could ask for it to be raised, or you might be entitled to the other component too. You can check how points are scored here. You need 8 points for the standard rate and 12 for the enhanced.

For the mobility component, it is currently possible to get it if you have overwhelming pyschological distress when finding your way around. However the government have laid regulations to remove this route to the mobility component from 16 March for some people (depending on what they can't do, and what help they need), so if you wanted to ask for your PIP to include a mobility component, you should do it soon. It looks as if any PIP decision made on or after 16 March could result in fewer points where your problems with following journeys are due to distress.

I would suggest using the self-test first before you do anything because if you ask for your PIP to be looked at again sometimes you can lose benefit, so it's a good idea to feel confident about what points you think should apply.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.