Housing benefit — Scope | Disability forum

Housing benefit

Tanz82 Member Posts: 11 Listener
Hiya I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am on housing benefit as well as pip (personal independence payment) and ESA. I have a disability from a car accident. Is there any chance of getting further help or support in financial sercamstances? Please help


  • GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    HI @Tanz82 I'm sorry to hear about your freighting experience, With different changes happening with the system my advice is to free phone 0808 8000 3333 Scope advice benefits team they will only be to happy to advice your concern. Take care have a lovely day,  
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/profile/tanz82#Os5KzAAsMjqz41xD.99
  • Tanz82
    Tanz82 Member Posts: 11 Listener
    Thanks GeoffBosworth1926661 for ur help. Take care. Xx
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi Tanz82,

    If you're getting ESA, Housing Benefit and PIP then that is most of what you are entitled to. Make sure ESA know what rate of PIP you're getting. If you haven't already claimed it, then do check Council Tax Reduction (which can help you pay your council tax if you are liable for the bill), and make sure you're getting any Council Tax discounts that should apply.

    Depending on what rate of PIP you get, and which component, you may also be eligible for a Blue Badge and help with the car tax, or if you use public transport, a bus pass or disabled person's railcard. Or you can choose to use the enhanced mobility component to lease a car from Motability. More about help with travelling is available here.

    If you are getting income-related ESA, this will help you to claim other things such as free prescriptions.

    Here's a useful page about the extra help you may be entitled to when you get PIP. I hope that gives you a starting place.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.