Help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please

Options
RogerKiln
RogerKiln Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Does anyone know that if I receive ESA Contribution Support Group and move in with a partner will my ESA be affected?

Thanks.

Comments

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @RogerKiln, welcome to the community, I've moved your post to our benefits advisors' section as they may be able to help.  

• RogerKiln
    Options
  • kass
    kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Options
    Hi...I got my  report for my pip and i have been accepted for a recondition how do i  prepare for it i have untill the 14th April 2017 thanks 
  • SAMW112
    SAMW112 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I MOVED FROM LIFE LONG DLA HIGHEST RATE ON BOTH TO PIP HIGHEST RATE ON BOTH ,AS I HAD NO CHOICE THEY THREATENED TO STOP MY DLA IF I DIDN'T SWITCH THEY SAID MY INCOME SUPPORT WOULD NOT BE STOPPED THEN MY INCOME SUPPORT STOPPED NOW MY HOUSING BENEFIT I AM NOW WITHOUT MONEY EXCEPT PIP WHAT SHOULD I DO I AM EXREAMLY ANGRY AND LOST NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT GETS WORSE HELP !

• RogerKiln
    Options
    If I move in with my partner will my ESA (Contribution Support Group) and PIP (Lower Living Rate) be affected?????
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi RogerKiln,

No, absolutely not. PIP is completely unaffected by living with a partner, as is contribution-based ESA. Only income-related benefits are affected and you don't appear to be on any of those.

Of course if your partner is on income-related benefits you may have to consider the effect of you moving in on those (you may need advice on who claims what). Hope this helps.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• RogerKiln
    Options
    Thank you Will.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.