ASSESSOR QUALIFICATIONS - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ASSESSOR QUALIFICATIONS

Comments

• sundontshine123
    sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Might be hope for me as i was giving no point in cooking even though i cannot cook as mind wanders off and left tea towel on cooker which set fire and my 13 year old had to deal with it. assessor said can cook just needs prompting.
    Lol these assessors are jokers gotta laugh been through all the motions of wanting to beat her up suicidal even more depressed and paranoid. but 3 weeks down the line i will fight these people and will not go away.
    People need to keep reporting these idiot comapanys that are bogus so called HP.
    If we falsied a legal document the DWP would have us in court for fraud so i really dont understand why these morons can get away with lies.
  • kass
    kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Hi Sundontshine I've  not had my MR as yet I have to send more information in before the 17th April 2017 but I did get the PIP at Standered rate did not get the Mobility only got 4 points for Mobility..........I was on DLA high Mobility and low Care..... Before I switch to PIP
  • kass
    I only got 2 points for cooking a simple meal I can use aid.....but only got pinch grip......I have to have some on to cut veg and lift pans off cooker....so I think i should have got 4 points for that......I got 9 point all together to give me Standered rate Daily living....
  • sundontshine123
    Iwent from enhanced to 6 points.
  • johnny100
    johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    I only got 2 points for cooking,my total awrd was 9 point for Daily Living and 10 points for Mobility.I was on enhanced when on DLA for 10 years Its a good job I get my age pension in mid october at £630 or I dont know how I would manage.I am lucky enough to have a little savings,but why should I have to use my small saving to subsidise my now PIP. I also have left hand pinch grip,I keep writing letters to ATOS and mention the word help ,assistance,supervision.I agree that you should get a min of 4 point.Whatever you need help with, you should get points,ATOS make the rules up as they go along.Today I have written to penny.mordaunt.mp@parliament.uk who is responsible for disability.It may be worth other people on this forum to do the same and make it know that PIP is a farce as far as assessments go
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering

Just been to web pages given by Sundontshine, quite some reading on there, I only given 8 points c/o mobility, and by what I've read ,should have been an automatic 10 or even 12 points.

Love this Scope site ,I am learning so much from you all, "Great people" in same boat.

• sundontshine123
    I should never had to go to f2f since 2014 i have had suicidal thoughts and hear voices but according to assessor have no suicidal thoughts and just need to be prompted on everything so lost my claim.
    I have put an MR in just waiting on decision but since reading what benefitsandwork have announced shall be writing to them again. Just reminding them of the facts
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @sundontshine123, @kass Thank-you for the link as this new law affects my claim. I now know there are things I should have emphasised but unless you know the way the scoring is done you're not to know. For example when cooking I've burnt pans, dropped sharp knives, left the oven on and microwave with nothing in them, spilled hot liquids but so far have only scored 2 points for needing an aid and all because the assessor said my short term memory was OK which it wasn't and my upper body strength is normal which it isn't. They don't test for neurological problems which I have. I didn't know about the reliability and risk of harm ruling therefore did not mention these things in my claim. I've given up on some of the activities and am concentrating on Showering and planning a journey. I notice on the latest ruling that no mention is made of the overwhelming psychological distress having to have a basis of a long standing mental health condition which I have. I also suffer from Opthalmic Migraines which come on suddenly with no warning and cause vision loss with wavy lines. Although these are usually infrequent (not always) the risk is always there on the majority of days. If this happened on a journey I would HAVE to have someone with me. I may have to cross a road or get to somewhere I could sit down till my vision gets back to normal which can be a few hours. So far I've scored 0 for this activity, but have still got my claim being reviewed by the Decision Makers. For showering because of my physical disabilities I am at risk of falling which happened 4 times last year. I would be standing in the bath with potentially serious injuries if not worse as baths are hard and slippery. So far I've scored 2 for needing rails.
            ATOS are not responding to my request for my assessor's qualifications I'm going to ring them and yell down the phone what will happen if they don't pull their head's out of you know where. Will let you know what happens.
       @bendigedig I do know what you mean about discussing assessors after not before but it was my 1st ever assessment and if it was happening again I would make sure I knew who was doing it by name and what their qualifications are and do checks on them before the assessment. Also you don't expect me to not do anything now I do know as this will affect my claim, I'll make sure of that, and it will help others in the future. @johnny100 there's no point in saying where my assessment was as the lady in question has now left. I know where she's working now and have passed this info. on to ATOS and HCPC to help in their investigations.
  • sundontshine123
    I recieved the benefits and work email this morning first i knew of this today i will be writing to dwp today as i jave till 10th April supposedly for MR.
    going to see welfare rights on 4th app took so long as so many people are in same boat because of dishonest inadequate assessors.. 
  • bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    @wildlife
    Im not suggesting that you shouldnt give them hell :)
    My statement was made to try and help us all see that collectively we must act againt the root cause of all of this.
    To have you, me and countless other thousands if not millions struggle against this opression on our own is not wise.
    We ALL need to unite and ensure that our expectations are made loud and clear to government on this issue :)
    what you and others are going through is dead wrong.  We just should never allowed this to happen in the first place is my point :)
    Im right behind you wildlife :)
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP give as few points as they think they can get away with.  Which is why tribunals often award far more points - they can tell that someone's claim form indicates more points are deserved.

Incidentally DWP awarded me three points I wasn't expecting as I'd put no probs in those categories - but far fewer points than I should have got in the categories where I'd indicated severe probs doing things. I got 11 points for daily needs, gallingly 1 short to get enhanced.  So in theory tribunal only need to  award me 1 more.

I'd advise people to indicate probs in as many categories as justified not just the very serious - more chance that way of getting the magic 12!
  • wildlife
    @bendigedig Yes I agree we have to unite and not just accept this. I rang ATOS head office and got cut off 3 times. 1st was while on hold to talk to someone, 2nd after a foreign lady had said if I didn't know the name of who I wanted to speak to she couldn't connect me but I insisted and got cut off whilst waiting to be put through to the complaints help desk. 3rd time got to speak to someone and when I got to the serious part about my assessors lack of qualifications she cut me off. Properly wound up I rang the ATOS customer services number and now have a call back booked from the actual lady whose investigating the complaint. So persistence does pay off. I've been told that this can take any length of time but explained that it's affecting my claim as the DM's are still treating the assessor's report as correct when the person who wrote it is a liar and quite possibly a fraud. I know my case is different to others as their assessors are probably who they say they are but that doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about the assessment as statistics will add up and be noticed.
  • sundontshine123
    Yeah i agree. I sent email and letter to Capita to complain bout my assessor also to DWP. 
    As these so called idiots with there  assumptions lies and made up storys are ruining peoples lives.

i feel asif i been kicked in my teeth for being honest. 

All my report was copied and pTed same thing. Observations  Ect were fabricated lies things not even said.
    makes me laugh now
    why would i say i wear glasses when i dont lol. 
    Was honest said had a pug reported to not having any pets too lol.
    was i actually in this f2f .
    apparentlt did msk test lie did not do it refused but reported i jad touched her which is a lie got parnoid thoughts bout people and germs. If she had read my day to day would of known this. Missing evidence not submitted. 
    Was not asked anything to do with my health.
    All in all my report was not fit for purpose shows lack of care when doing report she forgot to take someone elses award off mine.
    So refused and got review in 5 years.

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    I had a nurse do my assessment. It was clear she didn't have a clue what she was doing. She ignored everything my friend said. Whilst he isn't medically trained, (although, he has one of the conditions I have) he does know me well enough to give an opinion of how my conditions affect me on a daily basis. The odd thing is, both parents will tell you pretty much the same thing; but they've never discussed my medical problems. (they've met him once)

As part of my reconsideration, I had to send in 1.5 pages of contradictions in my report, plus pointing out all the lies and why most things written about me couldn't possibly be true. 

It was most odd how I got DLA for the same thing. Unless DWP know something no-one else does and I'm suddenly recovered? Which will be a first, when the damage done (which I was born with) is irreversible. 

Did reconsideration and was one point off enhanced care.
  • johnny100
    johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    I have requested a copy of my report from ATOS about my PIP assessment and the qualifications this person has.If it is found to have inaccurate information wriiten about me I have a disability solicitor waiting in the wings to take up my case.On reading the many reports on here about lies deceit etc I dread to think what is in my report.If it has flaws I intend to take ATOS to court,I hope this opens the flood gates for others to take action.These people need bringing to book. 
  • sundontshine123
    Must admit i did have a laugh at my report when i first read it. 
    Then got angry wanted to smash womans face in lol.
    but im out other end now ready to take the buggars on  
    wrote my MR sent that off and additional stuff.
    Wrote guiglines ect bout missing evidence and whats expected in f2f. 
    Most import  thing i did not assassinate the HP when doing my MR. I concintrated on my disability and how it effects me.
    then i wrote email and letter to capita complaing about a pen pusher with no qualifications amd had no interest in my f2f.
  • wildlife
    I started a new discussion about seeing the screen. Have a look at the video on ATOS website. The assessor is supposed to sit and position the computer screen so that the claimant can see the screen and is told they can correct anything typed that is not correct. This could make all the difference. I suggest people insist on this before hand. I was also called a customer yesterday but corrected the ATOS customer services guy.   
  • kass
    In my report I got from the Assessor report I had the Assessment in 2016  they did my assessment on 2012 evidence witch I sent new evidence in but they did not get it......plus I asked for MR but was not loged......But accepted it now I have to send new evidence in again I have got Standered rate daily living did only get 4 points no Mobility........Could anyone tell me can they stop my PIP why am going in for MR...... the Assassor  only typed never lefted her Chair.......Thank You
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering

Hello all,

this morning I have had to trawl around looking on different web sites,looking for info on how to appeal decision,if the Mandatary Recon  does not go in my favour, and found this site @ www.parliment.uk, about Baroness Thomas of Winchester(LD), in May 2016 Vol-771,in it she states, My Lords moving this motion I must first declare that I have a MOTOBILITY CAR as a result of Higher Rate Disability Allowance.As I am 65yrs ,I WILL BE ASSESSED  for PIP,that is most probably the reason why I am so keen to try persuade The Government to urgent talks about the reassessment process of all those of working aged claimants who receive Higher rate mobility and "who are now facing reassessment for PIP .(and goes on).

For one thing I was 66 last May 2016,,so why have I had to go for an assessment at 67yrs-March 8th 2017- do they not read their own laws and guidelines,given to us mere mortals- seems different laws must apply in their eyes for them ,but not us,the public! So mad.!!!!!! Who do I write to about this too ,need help!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.