Pension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension

eingram
eingram Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm  due to start getting my retirement pension  in July 2017 will I stiĺl get my PIP

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi eingram,

Yes, once you've got PIP it is unaffected by reaching state pension age. Make sure you check out your entitlement to pension credit as well because getting PIP can sometimes mean you are more likely to be entitled to this, or could get a higher amount.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• johnny100
    johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    I am on pension credit and I get my pension in October 2017.I dont understand the last part of your sentance ,or could get an higher amount,higher amount of what?
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Hi johnny100,

That's great, if you are already getting pension credit then it can sometimes be a higher amount because you get PIP.  The extra pension credit can apply if you live alone, get the daily living component of PIP and no one gets carer's allowance for you.

Will

• johnny100
    i get carers allowance and my wife gets it also.I get my pension in october ,good job as they have chopped my PIP by £200  a month,going through the process of appeal,not bothered how long it takes..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    johnny100,

It sounds as if you are getting everything you are entitled to then - apart from the extra PIP of course, but I hope you get that back via the appeal process.

Will

• johnny100
    waiting for DWP to call me back so I can give them an earful.I called on Monday and lodged my complaint.Today if they call I will be asking for all my evidence to be copied and returned to me.I have already spoken to a solicitor who is waiting in the wings to take my case on.I will not rest until a positive outcome of my PIP is resolved.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    Great you have a solicitor ready to help. That can make a big difference if you do have to go to appeal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.