I have lost my car lost my PIP all of it and now I have to appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have lost my car lost my PIP all of it and now I have to appeal

ribbylass26
ribbylass26 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, I was awarded back in March 2015 PIP on the standard award for both Moveability and Daily Living, in in Sept 2016 my health  deteriated and I got enhanced for moveability and was able to get a mobility vehicle. In January 2017 my health deteriated again so I contact PIP and they said I need to make another claim because of the changes. That's OK so I filled in the forms again and I waited for an appointment for an assessment AGAIN. I eventually got my assessment appointment thinking great. Anyhow to make it short it was the worse assessment I have ever had, the actual assessment was somewhat appalling . The assessor did not want to know about my existing illnesses and how it affects me all she was bothered about is the last diagnosis results of my new illness therefore all I got awardednwas 4 points . So from 10 points march 2015 to sept 16 with 12 points and now my disability has changed for the worse I get 4 points now I have lost my car lost my PIP all of it and now I have to appeal it's all wrong absolutely a disgrace how can they justify it when I only contacted them to tell them about my latter diagnosis . What's wrong with these assessors .

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You might want to re-post in the Ask a benefits advisor category.
  • taylorsue
    taylorsue Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    try a facebook group called "Atos Miracles"they have really good advisors you definately need to appeal and they can help you
  • JLM1972
    JLM1972 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Try benefits and work campaign. It is unbelievable and very experienced in this field. I joined 2years ago for  £17 annual membership. Best £17 I have ever spent.  Invaluable group..please note they are not benefit advisors. Moderators are online at specific times. They have all the information  to download. Read the success stories on PIP MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION Etc. 
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering

Hello everyone, I was awarded back in March 2015 PIP on the standard award for both Moveability and Daily Living, in in Sept 2016 my health  deteriated and I got enhanced for moveability and was able to get a mobility vehicle. In January 2017 my health deteriated again so I contact PIP and they said I need to make another claim because of the changes. That's OK so I filled in the forms again and I waited for an appointment for an assessment AGAIN. I eventually got my assessment appointment thinking great. Anyhow to make it short it was the worse assessment I have ever had, the actual assessment was somewhat appalling . The assessor did not want to know about my existing illnesses and how it affects me all she was bothered about is the last diagnosis results of my new illness therefore all I got awardednwas 4 points . So from 10 points march 2015 to sept 16 with 12 points and now my disability has changed for the worse I get 4 points now I have lost my car lost my PIP all of it and now I have to appeal it's all wrong absolutely a disgrace how can they justify it when I only contacted them to tell them about my latter diagnosis . What's wrong with these assessors .

Hi ribbylass26
    Did you have to reapply because your award run out ? you say you got the enhanced rate in 2016 so why did they say you needed to reapply again 2017 as there isn't anything higher than enhanced rate. ? So your health deteriorates, they ask you to make another claim and end up with 4 points!   How can they possibly come to this conclusion when your worse  now in 2017 from 2015  and give you so little points. Whats going so wrong hear is it seems that when anyone reapplys its as though you are literally starting over from scratch and no consideration is taken of any of the previous info you gave on the first form  then take on board you have gotten a lot worse.What a complete unfair and utterly unjust shambles its all turning out to be.  Make me so mad.   
  • JLM1972
    JLM1972 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    With the DWP you can't do right for doing wrong! It won't help now but being on the highest rate even if your health deteriorates you will not be awarded any increase so my advice would have been to have carried on. However, you now are appealing but please look at my previous post...BENEFITS & WORK CAMPAIGN WEBSITE..I would not have survived my PIP assessment without their exhaustive information and help. Good Luck x
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi@ribbylass26, A little more information would be helpful to work out what you can do next. Have you got your assessor's report? What stage are you at in the process i.e. have you had the 1st Decision letter and not done a Mandatory Reconsideration or have you done that and still only got 4 points? As you had the higher rate for mobility did you ring in January 2017 to get the higher rate of Daily Living component?
               I'm not saying what has happened is right but from what you have said regarding Mobility, if you drove yourself to the assessment, this would have been seen as being able to plan and go on a journey. For the moving around if the 4 points was for this you've been assessed as being able to walk 50mtrs but no more than 200 mtrs. Check your claim form, assessor's report if you have it and all documentation from DWP especially the reasons given for the points you scored and try and work out where things went wrong. Have you given them the right info. to get the points and they've ignored you and any evidence you gave them? I suggest you do a list of questions and book a call back from a DWP Decision Maker to get more of an idea where you're at and what your options are. They are able to change the reward right up to any Appeal you might make but you may have to write another letter with your argument when you have more idea about where they're getting their info. from and send in more evidence if you can. You can also write a formal complaint letter to ATOS/CAPITA whoever assessed you which will help you to put pressure on DWP to get it right. Also contacting your MP is useful and mention this and any complaint if you make one in any contact you have with DWP. Getting help as others have suggested is also a good option.        

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.