What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How do I get a copy of the assessor's report?

SystemSystem Posts: 530

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip appeal.

Replies

• JomtieJomtie Member Posts: 1 Listener

Secondly, if you don't have the assessor's report, ask for a copy.

My daughter has Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, IBS. She was refused a home visit and I had to take her to her assessment. The assessor told me he had worked with Autistic people and knew 'all about it'. HIs attitude and the questions he asked said that he actually knew very little. I don't believe his report was accurate. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration, detailed the inconsistencies in what was said in the original decision letter and gave more explanation of her difficulties. They have said that the original decision has been upheld. I will now appeal. How do I go about getting a copy of the assessor's report? My son also has Asperger's and ADHD and he had a home visit. The lady assessor that saw him was very nice and he was allocated quite a lot more points than my daughter, even though her difficulties are more severe than his. It makes no sense!!!
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi Jomtie,

You don't say which company provided the assessment but you can request a copy of the report from the DWP, who will have been provided with it in order to make their decision.

http://www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/faq_view/How_can_I_obtain_a_copy_of_my_report

For the tribunal, it's useful to point out where the report is incorrect - and supply any evidence which contradicts its conclusions. Also be as clear as you can about how many points you think your daughter should have scored in each relevant activity, and why.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.