appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

appeal

nannydebbie
nannydebbie Community member Posts: 41 Connected
hi there im going for tribunal against my pip as scored only 6 points have been through my assessor report in in she stated i use a commode which is true this counts as an aid but scored 0 points for this even after a mr should i call dwp and tell them im going for appeal and state why should i ask to speak to a case manager and tell them this is why im appealing many thanks 

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Hi@nannydebbie, Ask for a call back from a Decision Maker. They will give you 24 hours during which time someone will ring and talk to you about this. If this is the only thing you're not happy about and it does look as though a mistake has been made you should be able to get them to look at your claim again without having to go to a Tribunal but carry on with the Appeal to tribunal while this is happening. You can always cancel it if you get the score changed before that. I use a commode and have a rail by the toilet and got 2 points. You don't need to have an actual rail just prove to them that you need one. This is only advice I'm not telling you what to do that's up to you. Hope that helps.   
  • wildlife
    Hi@nannydebbie, Sorry I think they've changed the name of Decision Makers to Case Managers I apologise if I've confused you.
  • nannydebbie
    thank you wildlife iv also got a grab rail being fitted so  just going to call them thanks for your advice will let you no how i get on 
  • nannydebbie
    hi @wildlife have had a call back from dwp regarding my enquiry regarding toilet needs she had a quick look at my claim and said that the info regarding toilet needs using a commode and a rail had been over looked she is going to recommend that this is to be looked at again and hopefully awarded she said i see your going to appeal this and said hopefully will get resolved before going to tribunal but not to cancel tribunal yet thanks for your advice hopefully i will get the 2 points i need for standard care 
  • wildlife
    @nannydebbie Sooo pleased for you. I rang today as well to confirm they are still looking at my claim. They've sent my latest evidence back to ATOS. When I asked why the advisor said because they have more medical knowledge than we do. I replied "You mean you have none and they have very little". She said we're only office workers. So I asked if a Doctor would be looking at the stuff I sent and she went off the phone to check. She said it would be a nurse. "Great" I said. Still at least they're still willing to keep on reviewing it. I sent another letter last week with vital info. so I hope they will include this when it get's into the system.      
  • nannydebbie
    @wildlife hopefully we will both get what we entitled to 
  • wildlife
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello - you're doing the right thing in keeping in touch with DWP and pointing out all the details that they have overlooked. While you're waiting, just make sure that you're confident about where all your points are going to come from, and that nothing else has been overlooked. Perhaps there may be a chance of getting your points score up higher? I'm sure you're very aware of the need to give detail, detail and more detail in connection with every activity where you might score points, and always address the key wording with PIP, which is can you do the activity safely, reliably and repeatedly. The Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 can point you in the direction of local advice agencies that may be able to help you with the preparation of an appeal if necessary. Good luck!
    Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

• nannydebbie
    thank you jayne found a couple more flaws in my assessment she states hubby does all cooking which is true she also stated i can not transfer food from hot pans on to plates so im going to keep reading and more reading report and state what has been over looked 

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi nannydebbie,

As well as pointing out what's been overlooked to make sure you get the right points, you can also consider a complaint against the assessment company if it's the assessment which is flawed as well as the conclusions the DWP have come to. And as Jayne comments, do think about all the activities and consider what points you think you should have got - there is still time to make further submissions to the tribunal if that goes ahead. 

As wildlife comments, it's possible for the DWP to change their decision at any time - if it is more favourable to you the appeal will lapse (not go ahead).

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• nannydebbie
    thank you will am reading through reports again later 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.