Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Options
serena09
serena09 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I am receiving PIP and in December after a medical review my ESA has been taken away, I am waiting for a tribunal, any advice on how long it will take and advice on what I can do financially and what to expect at the tribunal. 
Thank you

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @serena09 welcome to the community, there is lots of information about PIP tribunals here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • serena09
    Options
    Thank you I am in reciept of PiP, it is a tribunal for ESA, 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Apologies! This link is a more general guide about appealing DWP decisions.

I have moved your post to the Ask a Benefits Advisor category, so hope you can get some more personal support soon.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • serena09
    Options
  • johnny100
    johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    Options
    Get straight back onto  the DWP and ask for a reconsideration,explain why you think it is wrong,you need to put this in a letter to them with the same information.Its a long and sometimes a painful experience to go through.Once the Mandatory consideration is done they will send you a letter as to the ifs,buts,whys..If you are still not happy with the final explanation call them again and ask them if you can start the process of going to Tribunal,the form is on the web site,just google and the form is SSCS1,give the CAB a call and explain that you need help with PIP,but you must wait until you get the letter from the DWP.It can take weeks or even months to get to tribunal,at least it gives you time to get things sorted.Regarding the money side of thing have a word with CAB and they will steer you in the right direction.  
  • serena09
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help. Am working hard on things.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello serena09

It will be a good idea to get some support locally from an advice agency. The Scope helpline 0808 800 3333 will be able to direct you if you're not sure where to go.

The first stage is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration which the DWP completes and then sends you another decision notice. At that stage you can appeal on a form SSCS1 and then it is a typical 4 or 5 month wait for the appeal to be listed.

I hope this helps
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• serena09
    Options
    Thank you, I am now waiting for a tribunal date. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.