DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP

Options
joseph61
joseph61 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• joseph61
    Options
    ive just been awarded pip.will i still get my dla as normal till pip payments start.i cannot understand why there seems to be 4 weeks difference in payment dates 
  • serena09
    serena09 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Yes you will 
  • joseph61
    Options
    thankyou serena for your reply 
  • catsybabe
    catsybabe Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
  • joseph61
    Options
     after starting the change from dla to pip ive been awarded 48 points with an ongoing time till 2027. it took 5 months from start to finish which was very stressful having to wait  then fill out forms have a face to face  then wait again for the outcome. now it seems i have to do it all over again for my esa. why carnt they just talk to each other and use my pip assesment that would save all that stress again . sorry for rambling on but its just the thought of doing it all again 
  • catsybabe
    Options
    Hi joseph61 i feel your pain i know the feeling ive been there myself i had to do the esa last year and because i have an invisible disabillity they couldnt test me properly be yourself send them plenty of proof get a copy of your medical file from your gp if you can first if not you can buy a copy of your medical file from your hospital for 50 pound i know its allot but your gp might be able to provide it free if you say its fir the dwp thats what i did . And after the decission phone esa up and ask them for the copy of the interviewers notes
  • joseph61
    Options
    thank you catsy. when i did my pip i did it on my own with little help from my carer . at the face to face i just did what i normaly do  be myself. i see some comments saying  need get profesional help all reports stuff like that but i just gave them what i had from time of my stroke .makes me feel like ime begging them for somthing ime entitles to. so i may just use the same stuff for my esa i think which is 8 months overdue by the way 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Joseph61,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your experience of the PIP process.
  • catsybabe
    Options

catsybabe said:

Hi joseph61 i feel your pain i know the feeling ive been there myself i had to do the esa last year and because i have an invisible disabillity they couldnt test me properly be yourself send them plenty of proof get a copy of your medical file from your gp if you can first if not you can buy a copy of your medical file from your hospital for 50 pound i know its allot but your gp might be able to provide it free if you say its fir the dwp thats what i did . And after the decission phone esa up and ask them for the copy of the interviewers notes

• catsybabe
    Options

get your dr for a letter of how your condition affects you if you say its for the dwp you wont have to pay for it .

have you been to citizens advice as they are my representatives go to your local citizens advice and go through it with them and ask them to be your representative  because the citizens advice see this all the time and they know their stuff .

I reported the advisor to capita and I had a response back from them they stated that capita IT IS NOT A CLINICAL ASSESSMENT AND DOES NOT FOCUS ON MEDICAL INFORMATION . THE FOCUS OF THE ASSESSMENT IS ON IMPACT OF THE ASSESSMENT THAT THE DA DID NOT CONSIDER SUPPORTING EVIDENCE PROVIDED BY THE HEALTH CARE PROFFESSIONALS .   DO NOT LOOK OR TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION ABOUT ANY MEDIAL EVIDENCE THEY ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO LOOK AT THE FUNCTION PART OF THE DISSABILLITY

EMAIL COMPLAINTS@CAPITA-PIP.CO.UK MAKE A COMPLAINT AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A RESPONSE TELL THEM WHARE YOU THINK THAT THEY HAVE GONE WRONG .

GOOD LUCK

FROM CATSY

• catsybabe
    Options

joseph61 said:

after starting the change from dla to pip ive been awarded 48 points with an ongoing time till 2027. it took 5 months from start to finish which was very stressful having to wait  then fill out forms have a face to face  then wait again for the outcome. now it seems i have to do it all over again for my esa. why carnt they just talk to each other and use my pip assesment that would save all that stress again . sorry for rambling on but its just the thought of doing it all again 

• catsybabe
    Options
    REGARDING YOUR ESA - THEY WILL SEND YOU A FORM FOR YOU TO FILL IN AND THEY WILL SEND A FORM TO YOUR GP YOUR GP WILL SOMETIMES NEED TO SEE YOU BUT SOMETIMES HE DOESNT AND WILL FILL IT IN AND RETURN IT TO THEM . BUT IF YOU HAVE THE EVIDENCE O HAND USE IT AGAIN BECAUSE IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM HAVING TO FIND EVIDENCE BUT REMEMBER DONT SEND ORIGINALS AND SEND BY NEXT DAY DELIVERY BECAUSE THEY HAVE A PROBLEM OF LOOSING OR NOT RECIEVING DOCUMENTS .
  • joseph61
    Options
    thank you for the advice . i nphoned the esa yesterday asking why my assesment was 9 months overdue . i also told them i just recieved my pip award  the lady said she knew i had got my pip and i can exspect my esa review after july 2018. i wish they had contacted me telling me this instead of me calling them and waiting on the phone line for 45 minuites which was costing me money every minuite 
  • catsybabe
    Options
    But at least you know know whare you stand obviously they are in no rush to do this but keep all the information handy 
  • joseph61
    Options
    thankyou catsy yes i will do as you say hang onto everything ive got never know when you will need it .i apreciate all your input in this matter.i think if pip scored points in bad spelling i would have got 12 lol  tc 
  • catsybabe
    Options
    Im going to tribunal now if they dont change their mind ive started the appeal  my son didnt score any points and he cant do anything for himself and said aload of lies about him and said he didnt have a mental health problem but i had a letter from my gp to say he has a mental health problem i complained to capita and capita said they didnt take my sons medical evidence into consideration they go on the discriptor points  so i said to them then why have i bothered to sent evidence in if it was not taken into consideration alot of peoe dont know this and i would not have if i hadnt complained i sent 90 pieces of evidence the first time 50 the second and then 1 item the third time . So they are going to love me when they need to photocopy the evidence to the court myself and citizens advice lol but im going to the face to face assessment because i can say well thats not true . When your presenting evidence on paper you dont know if they have looked at it i will be going in there ready to take them down 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.