Can Capita and DWP award you 1 point on medication thought it was 2 4 6 8 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can Capita and DWP award you 1 point on medication thought it was 2 4 6 8

Options
sundontshine123
sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
recieved my pa6 after M R which i won.
But im not happy with medication discriptor i got 1 point even though i have no medication in house due to suicidal tendencys.
Still no mention of my migraines or lower back or tinnitus.
They have used the original pa4 and repeated some of the rubbish the ex capita woman has made up.
 My point is woman has left capita but that awful fabricated report stays with me on file. I am going to re write another complaint to capita as im seriously not happy they refered back to it and decision maker used it also.
My daughter was witness to me refusing to do msk test which dwp still saying i did because of the lies woman has written.

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @sundontshine123 Yes you can only get 1 point for medication. It's for " needing supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to monitor a health condition" so not just about taking medication. That sounds like it's based on your thoughts you mentioned that if you did have medication you would need someone to look after you? Glad you feel able to keep on complaining it can only help to change things so we don't have to go through all this.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ sundontshine123,

Glad to hear that you were successful with challenging your PIP decision at the MR stage. That's good news.
    The activity for managing therapy and monitoring a health condition is the only one that has a descriptor of 1 point within its scores. It sounds like the DWP have awarded this point because you require supervision when taking medication.

I understand your concerns about the medical report and I have some contact details for complaints about CAPITA which you may find useful:

Tel number for complaints: 0808 178 8114
    Email for complaints: complaints@capita-pip.co.uk

I have also been informed that the external communications team are interested in complaints that are raised and would like to be copied into any email correspondence.
    Their email details are: externalcomms@capita.co.uk

Good luck with your complaint,

Laura

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.