Hi, my name is pearl52! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pearl52!

pearl52
pearl52 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm  filling out a PIP for and it very confusing.  Is there anywhere  I can get help filling this form in. Thank x
Oh hi everyone  x

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pearl52

Phone Scope helpline. They might have details of advice services in your area.
  • shel5678
    shel5678 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi Pearl. I did half of mine online with someone at DWP if I remember rightly... I think CAB  Citizens Advice Beaureau can also help too. 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @pearl52, Suggest you check out the PIP points system online. Choose the one's that apply to you and how your disability affects you. Then fill in the form describing why you should qualify for the one's you've chosen. Stick to this all the way through during your assessment and you'll be one step ahead of the assessor. Try to get as much medical evidence as you can from your surgery and again match that to what you are telling them. Remember the reliability factor that if it takes you more than twice as long to do something then that counts for points. You need to also decide whether you can do something on your own with aids or if you need help from another person. Describe what help you need and why...x  
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @pearl52

Both Disability Rights and CAB websites PIP sections give detailed advice about applying for PIP.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Here's the link to the CAB page - it's a great, question by question guide.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.