Employment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment

JAston
JAston Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was dismissed from my employment on the 29th of April I feel that I was scapegoated in terms of the offensive I committed however, I stated of several occasions the level of strain and stress the work load I was under was taking on myself both physically and mentally. I went from a some what model employee to being dismissed within five months. I feel that it should have been a case of diminished accountability due to numerous factors sheer exhaustion work related stress lack of consistent breaks breaching the working time directive on several occasions and finally the break down of my home life meaning the break down of long term relationship and the lack of contact with my children. I feel that all of these factors exacerbated my condition to levels not seen since I was very young putting me in a very vulnerable situation. I am requesting assistance in terms of information I can provide to my previous employer as I am appealing the dismissal.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JAston I just saw this great information from @alexwhite on another post about employment and think it is relevant to you too. Hope this helps.

Perhaps you could contact the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS). ACAS provides information, advice, training, conciliation and other services for employers and employees to help prevent or resolve workplace problems. You can call their helpline on 08457 47 47 47 for free and confidential advice. 

If you think you’re being discriminated against then the best people to talk to would be the Equality and Human Rights Commission's helpline, called the Equality Advisory Support Service. Their number is 0808 800 0082. They are the experts in discrimination although they do not have the resources to give specific legal advice.

You can also call Scope’s free helpline on 0808 800 3333 if you feel you are being discriminated by your employer. Our opening hours are weekdays (except bank holidays) 9am to 5pm. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.