Successful PIP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Successful PIP tribunal

Options
francisphilip
francisphilip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
pip tribunal yesterday.  Pip awarded letter today!

Comments

• francisphilip
    francisphilip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Tribunals are independent of DWP.  Felt a bit clinical but the result says otherwise!  Husband took notes while wife was answering questions, then after wife's questioning had the opportunity given to offer anything else that needed to be said.  I think she was put at ease by the tribunal members and so could share her case well.  I had things to say that didn't come out in her sharing and this helped build a better picture upon which to base their decision upon...Don't give up!  It pays to persevere if you're not happy with DWPs decisions regarding benefit assessments.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @francisphilip,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

I'm glad to hear your tribunal was successful - congratulations!

I've moved this post to our Talk about PIP/DLA category. Do you have any other advice which you could offer other members of the community?

If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.