Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) overdue? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) overdue?

Options
emmac
emmac Community member Posts: 1 Listener
HI, I am trying to compile a national picture of how many EHCPs are outside the timelines. My daughters stands at 56 weeks outside,which has consequently put her at high risk and I have realised I am not alone. This is clearly a national issue. Also there is appearing to be a pattern of not making them specific and not including social care element or health. If you are in the same boat please let me know. 

Comments

• htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi EmmaC! Sorry I can't help you specifically with this as I don't have first hand experience. However, you could raise the topic with people at scope, maybe through the free phone number (08088003333) and they might be able to assist! Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, but I hope you manage to get the information you need.
    Heather :-) 
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi EmmaC - have they given you an explanation for why it is taking so long?! I must admit, my little girl's one was done pretty quickly - portage asked for it just after Christmas and we got the final copy last week. I am new to this so not sure if that is normal for round here. 

Are you getting some help with this? We had a leaflet about a local independent service that can support families through the process.  Hope you get sorted out soon  :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness